What Information Does Netactiva.com Collect?
We receive and store any information you enter on our Site or give us in any other way, such as via telephone, electronic mail or online form. For example, this information may be collected when you register a domain name or when you contact us for customer support. Here are the types of information we gather from visitors to Netactiva.com :
Third Party Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Site. Our third-party advertising companies may also separately place or recognize a cookie file on your browser in the course of delivering advertisements to this Site. These companies may use information about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. However, no personally identifiable information (such as your name, address, email address or telephone number) will be connected with such information.
- Contact Information: We are required by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers ("ICANN"), the organization which assumes responsibility for domain name allocation, to collect certain information about you during the domain name registration process. This information includes your full name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and, where provided, your facsimile number. Such contact information may be used, for example, to communicate with you when necessary with respect to transactions conducted through the Site. Additionally, we may collect contact information provided to us during any correspondence relating to customer support we supply to you, as well as in connection with products and services offered on the Site.
- Financial Information: We also collect and retain certain financial information from you during the domain name registration process, as well as in connection with other products and services which we offer on the Site. For example, when you apply to register a domain name or sign up for any other product or service through Netactiva.com , we require you to provide a credit card number and billing address before we will process that application. We will not sell, share or rent any financial information collected from you except as disclosed in this policy or as necessary to fulfill your order.
- Demographic Information: We may collect and store anonymous demographic information (such as your zip code, gender and age), and use this data to tailor your experience at our Site, provide content that we think you might be interested in, and display the content according to your preferences. Such demographic information may be shared with partners, market researchers and other third parties on an aggregate, non-personally identifiable basis. No personally identifiable information will be linked to aggregated demographic information.
- Internet Protocol Address: We collect and retain an IP address from all visitors to the Netactiva.com Site. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our Site and for purposes of traffic analysis within the Site, and to help prevent fraud. No personally identifiable information will be linked to such information.
- Other Information: We collect and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, our servers track the type of Web browser you are using, and the page to which you link from Netactiva.com . We collect this information to better develop a sense of what services our customers need, but not to track your individual usage patterns, except within the Site. We may use such information for marketing purposes, and to send information to you which we believe might be of interest. In addition, such information may be shared with partners, market researchers and other third parties on an aggregate, non-personally identifiable basis. No personally identifiable information will be linked to such aggregated information shared with third parties.
In addition, we may obtain non-sensitive contact information from third parties, including via bulk access licenses from other registrars.
- Cookies: The Netactiva.com Site uses "cookie" technology for such purposes as enhancing your online experience by making it easier for you to navigate through the Site and making certain features work better. Cookies are text files which are commonly deposited by Web sites on a user's hard drive when the user visits a Web site. The file identifies a user's computer and can record the user's preferences and other data about the user's site visit. We do not extract information about individual users during this process. Your Web browser may enable you to disable cookies, but please note that certain services may not function correctly without it.
Does Netactiva.com Share the Information It Receives?
- Web Beacons. Web pages may contain electronic images (called a "single-pixel GIF" or "web beacon") that allow a Web site to count users who have visited that page or to access certain cookies. Netactiva.com uses web beacons to access our cookies within and outside our network of Web sites and in connection with Netactiva.com products and services.
Except as set out in this Privacy Notice, you will receive notice whenever personal information (excluding WHOIS Information) about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share that information. We share personal information as described below:
- WHOIS Information: ICANN requires Netactiva.com to make certain information, collected in connection with the registration of a domain name, available to the public via an interactive Web page and a "port 43" WHOIS service. This public information includes your full name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and, where provided, your facsimile number, as well as the creation and expiration dates of your domain name registration and the nameserver information associated with your domain name, but does not include demographic, financial or Internet usage information. For the purposes of this Privacy Notice we will refer to this information collectively as your "WHOIS Information." Please note that we may not be able to control how members of the public may use the WHOIS Information.
- Bulk Access: If you have opted-in to having your WHOIS Information available for bulk access, ICANN also requires Netactiva.com to make that information available to third parties who enter into a bulk WHOIS data access agreement with Netactiva.com . In making your selection to opt-in to having your WHOIS Information available for bulk access, please click here to refer to Netactiva.com 's bulk WHOIS data policy information. Netactiva.com is not required to provide notice to customers when there has been any disclosure of non-personal information (i.e., WHOIS Information) in licensed bulk whois data.
Please note that if you have not opted-in to having your WHOIS Information available for bulk access for marketing or other purposes, your WHOIS Information will still be made available to the public through the "port 43" WHOIS service described above.
- Third Parties: If you have opted-in to receiving information about products and services provided by Netactiva.com 's partners and affiliates, we will share your name, address, phone number and email address, in addition to information provided by you in response to our opt-in survey, so that the appropriate partners and affiliates may contact you regarding the products and services in which you have expressed interest. Netactiva.com cannot guarantee that these third parties will offer the same level of protection as Netactiva.com , or that their protections will be adequate.
- Agents and Service Providers: We engage other companies, individuals and subsidiaries of Netactiva.com to perform certain functions and/or services to our customers. Examples may include processing credit card payments, providing marketing assistance and removing repetitive information from customer lists, as well as offering electronic mail services and making available digital certificates. Additionally, if you register a domain name through Netactiva.com , we may forward certain information you provide to the appropriate registry handling the administration of your chosen top level domain. Your contact and financial information may either be collected by or shared with such third parties as necessary, and in some cases, your information may be retained or used by such third parties.
We contract with WebSideStory's HitBox, a service provider, to provide us with a data collection and reporting service. When you visit our Site, Hitbox may on our behalf collect information about you in order to assist us
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or their assets. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, if Netactiva.com , Inc. or all or substantially all of its assets were ever to be acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Netactiva.com and Others: We may release account and other personal information when we are required to do so by law, court order or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency, including ICANN; to enforce or apply our Services Agreement or other agreements; or when we believe in good faith that disclosing this information is necessary or advisable, including, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Netactiva.com , our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
From time to time, Netactiva.com may use your personal information to contact you by electronic mail concerning our services. These communications are intended to inform you of important information regarding your account, or about general services provided by Netactiva.com . If you do not want to receive email from us regarding new services, please click the "unsubscribe" link which is included at the bottom of any email you receive from Netactiva.com . However, in order to fulfill our service obligations to you, we will continue to send you emails regarding your account administration, as well as any necessary information, such as renewal instructions.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We work to protect the security of your financial information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") software, which encrypts the information you input on the Site. Additionally, we reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we must transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing. You can further help to ensure your security by taking a few simple precautions. For instance, it is important to protect against unauthorized access to your Netactiva.com username and password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. We will take reasonable care to protect your personal information once it is transferred to us, but it is ultimately your responsibility to prevent the disclosure of your personal information outside of Netactiva.com , as well as any disclosure on the Netactiva.com Site which is due to your error.
What Information Can I Access?
Netactiva.com gives you the ability to access your contact information for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. To view or change this information, Netactiva.com customers may click here or login to Manage My Account. Past customers may view this information by emailing their request to Customer Service or by calling (800) 899-9724. Please note, however, that no financial information will be provided over the phone, and in no event will such information be provided without verification.
When you update your information, we may keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
Sites Other Than Netactiva.com
Netactiva.com has no control over and is not responsible for the privacy policies or information gathering practices of other Web sites, including those to which we may link and those which may link to us. In addition, Netactiva.com owns and operates other Web sites separately from the Site, and this Privacy Notice applies only to the information collected by the Site (i.e., www.Netactiva.com ). We strongly recommend that you review the privacy policies of every online service you use before submitting any personal information and direct any concerns to the site administrator of that site.
Netactiva.com does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 18, you may use Netactiva.com only with involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
By choosing to visit Netactiva.com , you agree that your visit and any dispute you may have regarding the protection of your privacy during such visit is subject to this Privacy Notice and our Disclaimer, including, but not limited to, the provisions regarding limitations on damages and the application of the law of the state of New York. Please note that if you enter into other agreements with Netactiva.com , such other agreements may supercede this policy. If you have any concerns about your privacy at Netactiva.com , please click here to contact Customer Support, and we will attempt to resolve it.
|We are the leading provider of Internet services. Learn about our online expertise and how we can help you start and grow your business online.|